Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

Food For Friday: Oooey Gooey (Cake Mix) Butter Bars


There is seriously a reason that I am NOT a food blogger! I cannot remember to take pictures of my cooking creations to save my life!! This is a recipe that I have been requested to repeat ASAP, so hopefully I will have a picture to add soon.

Truth be told, I was in search for a good sweet treat for a couple of farm boys who had been on the road and/or working and farming all day. I went with burgers cooked in cast, mac and cheese, and corn for dinner, but dessert was tricky! I looked through a dozen recipes and never had all of the right ingredients until I scrolled across the one for Oooey Gooey (Cake Mix) Butter Bars. I always have cake mixes in the cabinet and luckily I had enough cream cheese on hand AND this was as good as a cheesecake, but less time consuming! So a WIN WIN in my household!

I got the recipe from HERE. But it is not a "new" recipe and Paula Deen has her own version as well.

Oooey Gooey (Cake Mix) Butter Bars

My beautiful food photo on my lovely Tupperware plastic plates.
No worries they were SO good I would probably eat them off anything ;)
Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix (just the mix)
1/2 cup of butter melted
3 eggs (not all used together- see directions)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
16 oz powdered sugar (m/l on preference)

WARNING: This is not a DIET friendly recipe. 

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take out a 9x13 pan and grease the bottom. In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, melted butter, and ONE egg. Mix well. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pan. I used my fingers and palms to do this. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the cream cheese. Add the two remaining eggs and beat until they are well combined. Add the powdered sugar.** Continue until well mixed. Pour over the crust and bake for 25-30 minutes. Do not over bake. This should be oooey and gooey in the middle. If you over bake, the bars will be hard and not delicious. Allow it to cool completely(ish) before cutting. Keep leftovers in fridge!

**I used 16 oz, but many of the reviews for this said that they were too sweet and to cut back on the powdered sugar. Be your own judge! 

Be prepared for this one to be requested daily. My hubs might have a new favorite. Plus it is simple and AMAZING!! Farm boy approved to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment