Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Food for Friday- Panda Express Orange Chicken


This week's Food for Friday is something new I tried and LOVED!! I LOVE Panda Express' Orange Chicken! While the husband and I were shopping the other day at Price Cutter, I found a bottle of Panda Express Orange Chicken sauce! I had already bought some fried rice seasoning and knew I had a meal! A quick and easy meal!

Panda Express Orange Chicken and Fried Rice


What you need: 
-Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce (I found it with the oriental stuff at grocery store. Any sauce that you choose would work, but this was my choice. And it only took half of the bottle!
-Fried Rice Seasoning (or make your own)
-2 cups Chicken Broth 
-Approx 4 tbsp Veggie Oil (more or less based on preference)
-2 cups Instant White Rice (needs to be instant)
-Chicken Breasts (I did about 1.5 lbs)
-1 to 2 Eggs
-Soy sauce if you please!


Ok, before I start...I use a lot of chicken and beef broth in my kitchen. I got this at Sams for under $5. It lasts me forever!! I love it and it is way cheaper than buying the cans or the cubes. 

For the RICE...

In a skillet with a lid heat up about 2 Tbsp of oil. Add the rice (1 usually do close to 3 cups. I am not one that measures much) and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Then add your chicken broth and your Fried Rice Seasoning. I do not follow what the seasoning package says to do! Mix it all up and throw the lid on it. Let it simmer for a little while like you would Rice-a-Roni. Stir a couple of times to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. I usually have mine cooking for about 10 minutes and then it is done! 

Now I make Spanish rice in a similar method and there are never left overs. I hate soggy rice and with this method my rice never ends up soggy like it always seems to when you do it the way the seasoning says to. I also scramble my egg separately then add it in, but you can do it in the same pan.

For the CHICKEN...

Cut your chicken into small pieces and "fry" it in a skillet with the oil of your choice. When it is cooked thoroughly add the desired amount of Panda Express Orange Chicken Sauce and let it cook or caramelize. Then you are done!! Put it on a plate and eat up.

Here is the only picture I have of this one...I told you I am NOT a food blogger or photographer. 


It was so good and FAST. It was also something different than what we usually eat. Plus I felt better after eating this chicken than I did the real fried stuff. 

I will give my recipe for the easiest and best Spanish Rice next week or just on a random day. We seriously devour it every time I make it. Plus Cole LOVES rice! That is a huge reason we eat it often. 

If you decide to make this recipe, let me know how it works for you!! Comments are always welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment