Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Food for Friday

I am going to start a new "series" on my blog called Food for Friday. Each Friday I will share one of my favorite go-to recipes. Basically none of my recipes are original and if they come from somewhere else I will link it to the original recipe. However most of them have derived or been adapted from another recipe or several recipes.

I will tell you this now, I am NOT a food blogger and I am NOT a photographer. So none of these posts will be like those you see on the typical food blogs. As a matter of fact, I do not even have a picture of this one! I will try and think it through a little better for next week. I have the typical mom-prob of too many pictures and not enough storage on my phone and the camera is typically never charged. So you get what you get.

Today I was going to share my favorite "go-to" Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, BUT I can't find it and don't want to mess it up. So maybe next week. There is only one cookie recipe that means more to me than any recipe I will find on the internet...that is my grandma's sugar cookies. This woman could make the BEST sugar cookies ever. She passed away of cancer almost a year ago and I am SO blessed to have gotten this recipe from her. My sugar cookies will never be hers, but I will say they are pretty darn close. The one thing I DON'T do that the original recipe called for is OLEO or margarine. That is a HUGE NO NO in this dairy farm kitchen. So here it is. It is my honor to pass this beauty on to the world. Now get in that kitchen, grab your favorite little person, and get to baking!

My cookie helper. This is my Granny's AMAZING sugar cookies. 
I can tell by the Cream of Tartar.

The Recipe:

Granny’s Sugar Cookies
By: The Life of a Dairy Wife
Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter– softened/almost melted
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
4 cups + 4 tsp flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the sugars, butter, and vegetable oil. Then add the eggs. Blend well. The add flour, baking soda and cream of tarter. Mix. Add vanilla. Eat a few bites. Then roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Gently “smoosh” them with a fork. Sprinkle extra sugar on top and bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Do not let them get too brown or they will be too hard. Place on cooling rack to cool and sprinkle with more sugar if desired.
For a thicker cookie, chill the dough before baking. Grandma’s cookies were always flat and amazing!


Grandma and Cole and Grandma and Me in 2010.

**Disclaimer** If I happened to make a mistake on the recipe, I will take it down until next week. I am hoping the memory didn't fail me.

Have a wonderful weekend!!






No comments:

Post a Comment